FB-RSS Feed for Andrea Wimmers Talley

Friday, June 20, 2008

One Month to Go

The second-most common question I am asked these days, after "When are you due" is "Are you ready?" Until last weekend, my answer was always "absolutely not". Now I am starting to get a little closer to feeling ready. We do have a crib and dresser, and the bookshelves and changing table are on their way. We also have chosen a pediatrician and are in the process of finding at-home child care.

But I think what people most want to know is, am I physically and mentally ready. I'm getting there. Although I have really enjoyed being pregnant, I think nine months is just about the right amount of time, and you get big enough that you're ready to be done. Despite all the warnings we receive about how difficult the first few weeks are, we are trying to stay positive and look forward to that special time.

Knowing that my mom is doing so well has been such a huge relief in the past few weeks. It will be wonderful if this keeps up and she feels this well while she's here with us and our new baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Chris,
All looks like it is going so well and you both are enjoying all you can. Keep up the good work. Although, I can't make out the picture of little Talley, I am sure he is a handsome fellow. My anticipation is mounting. So I know yours surely is, as well as the grandparents! This is so exciting! I am so happy all is working well for the whole family!

Love and prayers
Tim and Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Girl, you better hurry up and post a new blog before its too late! Once that lil guy gets here.. it will be busy for awhile ;) And it wont be long, cause time flies! ;)

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Chris,
The baby's room looks even nicer "up close and personal", when we got to see it yesterday. It especially looks nicer now that the baby's name is up, over the bed. May I make a suggestion? You should post your old picture next to a new photo of _____'s bed, later of course. Thanks for the directions today. Wilmington streets sure are confusing. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my complete lack of direction. That's what I get for getting a rental without GPS.

Love,
Dad