FB-RSS Feed for Andrea Wimmers Talley

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pre-labor jitters...

At the end of your pregnancy you get the same questions a lot: "Are you excited?" and "Are you ready?" *Sigh* Where do I start? I am as ready as I'm gonna be. Equipment-wise we are ready. Nursery is ready. I am ready to get my body back and not be pregnant any more. I am ready to meet my new bundle of joy.

However, I think it would be naive/insincere to say I am excited. I know what I am in for. I am in for some pain. I am in for lots of sleepless nights, then playing with Eli all day AND trying to take care of a newborn. I am in for Eli going through an adjustment period.

Most of all, I think Chris, Eli, and I would just say, "let's get this show on the road". Enough waiting for our family of three to become a family of four. Let's do it.

Postpartum addition: Many of these fears were unfounded. Labor, while painful, was no where near as bad as last time, and postpartum I feel great! So happy to have our little baby, sleepless nights are no problem so far and Chris has been great with Eli, and Eli has been great with Andrew. I'm nervous about when he goes back to work, but we'll make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should start playing,"Let's get this party started" around the house. And you should consider naming him after the most recent winner on the PGA tour the week he's born. Just hope it's not Bubba Watson.
Dad

Anonymous said...

What are you thinking? You have been a great mom! I have seen you be a mom and you are really good at it. I wish I had the gift that you have! You, Chris, Eli and new baby brother are a great family.

Life is tiring. You can't get around it. But you have made it a happy one for Chris and Eli. You are good at this. Look forward to every day.
Love
MA