FB-RSS Feed for Andrea Wimmers Talley

Saturday, May 31, 2008

So much to write about!

So much has happened since my last post, I don't know where to start. I'm sure you've all read my parents' blog about last weekend. What a weekend it was! Two surprise parties in one day and another shower on Sunday! All I can say is how grateful I am that everything went off without a hitch--we were especially lucky with the weather. And I'm even more grateful to everyone who helped with and hosted the parties; the Trestle Dr. neighbors and my Aunt Pam. An extra BIG thank-you to Gregg and Cindy Enger, who helped in a major way with both surprise parties, the day before they hosted a birthday party for their son! What can I say but THANK YOU!

It was so great to spend time with everyone who came to the parties. And what fun to open all the gifts from everyone and ooh and ahh over how cute all the baby stuff is! My Wilmington friends are hosting a shower for me tomorrow, so more fun and cute baby stuff is on the way!

I noticed when I started to write this that there are 50 days until my due date. Time sure is flying by! Fortunately, we have moved back into our house and the contractors are out. The carpet looks great! We still have a lot of things to move back into place, but it's getting done slowly but surely. I spent 7 hours cleaning up after our sloppy contractors today--boy, was I tired! We are finally ready for a crib and other nursery furniture.

I had a great 32nd birthday yesterday. I went to see a movie with some girl friends and then went out for dessert/drinks with friends after the movie. Today I got a Wii Fit game from my parents as a birthday gift. It's starts you off with a fit test, and weighs you and gives your BMI. For the first time in my life, I was called overweight. And my Wii Fit Age was 67! Obviously there's no option to enter that you are pregnant.

I feel like I'm mostly over the cold that I got last weekend. Now I'm suffering from leg cramps almost every night. Which I think is less fun for Chris than it is for me!

I think that's all for now. Thanks again for everyone who helped make last weekend so special for me and my mom. We will never forget it!

No comments: