FB-RSS Feed for Andrea Wimmers Talley

Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's a Boy!

A big thanks to a couple of my aunts, who suggested that we create a blog so that our friends and family across the state and the country can keep up with our pregnancy and other news. I have been waiting until things really got going, and it feels like this is the right time to start it.

Chris and I went to our OBGYN on Tuesday, the morning after I arrived back in Wilmington from Cincinnati. We were both excited to learn the sex of the baby, though we both already had a feeling it was a boy. The ultrasound tech was really great, and gave us the photos below to keep.

Besides finding out the sex, we also learned that everything else was intact--10 fingers and 10 toes, one heart, etc. According to the ultrasound, he is in the 84th percentile for size--but you wouldn't know if from the size of my belly! He's also about 5 1/2 inches and .48 pounds. Where does all that fit in there?

I started feeling a few tiny kicks last week. They can't be felt from the outside yet, but I can feel them periodically inside. It's a nice, reassuring feeling.

We were thrilled to find out the news. We would have been thrilled about either a boy or a girl, but it was exciting to know for sure and to get to see the little guy, even if he does look a little like the Terminator. Now we just need to get used to calling the baby a "him" instead of an "it".



3 comments:

Jim and Linda Wimmers said...

Oh boy! (No pun intended) I get to be the first person to post a comment. First of all, I think he looks just like me. That is, he has no hair to speak of. Also, I guess we can't continue to call him "Peanut" any longer-- at least that's the name we gave him based on the ultrasound picture you gave us back in November.
Thanks for coming in last weekend Andrea, we know traveling is getting more difficult for you. Hopefully the direct flight will alleviate some of the discomfort.

Love,

Grandpa Wimmers (Wow, does that sound wierd or what?)

ps--1:36

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Chris,
How wonderful to see him! You both must be so happy. It is such a wonderful thing to see the baby for the first time. I remember when I saw Andy for the first time. He was 10 weeks. He was just a heart. But it brought tears. I was so happy. These are such wonderful pictures. So clear.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Love and prayers,
Mary Anne & Tim

Anonymous said...

Andrea & Chris,
I think the baby looks like Chris already! I love the color combination and the stripes and circles too. It is so much fun to shop for the baby! Enjoy every minute of it.
Love and prayers,
Mary Anne & Tim